- 4 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups corn, freshly cut off the cob, or frozen, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup Panela cheese or Ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Use a melon baller to remove center core of seeds from each zucchini half, leaving hollowed out shells with about a 1/2-inch border of flesh. Set aside shells and chop flesh roughly. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat and add shallots, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes until soft and slightly golden. Add chopped zucchini centers, 1 cup of corn and the limas and saute over high heat 46 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, place remaining 1/4 cup corn, cheese and egg. Process to blend thoroughly. Remove to a large bowl and mix in cooled corn/lima mixture. Divide the mixture among the zucchini shells, mounding up slightly. Place stuffed zucchini in a roasting pan and cover with foil. Roast for 20 minutes, remove the foil, and bake for another 10 minutes until filling is puffed up and firm and zucchini are soft. Remove from oven and serve 2 boats per person.