- 6 small zucchini, grated
- 1/2 pound white Turkish cheese or feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Tomato relish (recipe follows)
- TOMATO RELISH:
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place grated zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt and let stand at least 20 minutes, or until it loses its juice. Squeeze dry and place in a large bowl. Add the cheese, dill, parsley, onions, eggs, flour, and pepper and mix well. Adjust the seasonings. If batter is too runny, add a little more flour.
Heat oil in a heavy saucepan. Drop batter by tablespoons into oil and fry until golden brown on all sides but still moist inside, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve warm with Tomato Relish.TOMATO RELISH:
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Taste for seasoning. Set aside at room temperature for a few hours, or cover and chill for several days.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.