Zucchini, String Bean and Eggplant Stew
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions julliened
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch scallions sliced
- 1 pound green beans
- 3 medium diced zucchini
- 3 medium eggplant diced medium
- 2 large tomatoes diced medium
- 2 large tomatoes grated on box grater
- 1 canned crushed tomatoes with juice
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
In a medium-size heavy gauge pot, heat olive oil add onion, cook until soft 4-5 minutes. Add scallions and a pinch of salt. Add garlic, cook 3 more minutes. Add grated tomatoes, cook 4-5 minutes, add canned tomatoes crushed 3-4 minutes. Fold in string beans, cook 5-8 minutes until slightly tender, add zucchini, cook 3 minutes add, eggplant and season with salt and pepper. Cook until all vegetables are tender. Adjust seasoning, salt and pepper; fold in parsley and drizzle extra virgin olive oil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.