Zucchini with Green Peppercorns, Lemon, and Parmesan
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse grained salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns, drained and smashed
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into paper thin slices, see note*
- Parmesan, sliced into long curls
Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and green peppercorns. Taste and adjust seasonings. Roll each zucchini slice into a coil and place on serving plate. Pour dressing over zucchini. Drop Parmesan shavings over the plate. Serve immediately.
*Note: To make zucchini ribbons, cut a thin slice off the zucchini, discard. Place zucchini cut side down on a cutting board so it doesn't roll. Drag a sharp carrot peeler across the zucchini, pressing down hard as if you were peeling a carrot. You will get nice long ribbons and if you don't so what! The dressing is delicious and presentation doesn't always matter! Do the best you can and move on.
Recipe courtesy of Kathleen Daelemans