Stir-Fried Chicken and Vegetables
Nutty Basmati Rice with Almonds
Stuffed Acorn Squash with Herbed Goat Cheese
Chicken Stew with Parsley Dumplings
Weekend Prep Day
- Toast almonds for Nutty Basmati Rice for meal #1, add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and cover.
- Chop carrots for meal #'s 1 and 3, onions for meal #'s 2 and 3, peppers for meal #'s 1 and 2, and broccoli for meal #1 to prep for meals tonight and during the week. Place in separate labeled bags.
- Microwave acorn squash for meal # 2, Stuffed Acorn Squash with Goat Cheese. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Cut up chicken and set aside. Thin strips for Stir fry (Meal #1), diced for Stuffed Acorn Squash (Meal #2), and bite sized chunks for Chicken Stew with Parsley Dumplings (Meal #3). Label and refrigerate.
- Reheat rice on stove top.
- Remove pre-chopped chicken and vegetables for Stir Fry from fridge. Saute with other ingredients. Thicken with corn starch slurry and serve over rice.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove pre-cooked squash, pre-chopped veggies and chicken from refrigerator for Stuffed Acorn Squash with Goat Cheese.
- Simmer quick cooking barley in chicken stock till barley is tender.
- Reheat squash in the microwave.
- Sautee chicken and vegetables, add barley. Place stuffing in each squash half, top with goat cheese and place in oven until cheese is golden brown.
- Eat and Enjoy!
- Remove pre-chopped chicken and vegetables from refrigerator for Chicken Stew with Parsley Dumplings.
- Combine stew ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Mix together and form dumplings, drop into simmering stew and cover for 5 minutes.
- Chop and toss ingredients for fennel salad. Plate.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Eat and Enjoy!