Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello
Hosted by Michael Chiarello
Chili Challenge Cook-Off
Chef Jan Birnbaum and Michael go head to head to create their versions of this spicy classic; then the neighbors get to judge who does it best. It's a hot pot party complete with the fixins!
Morning of Chili Challenge Cook off:
- Chop, season and brown meat and vegetables for Chiarello Chicken And White Bean Chili With Veggies.
- Add vegetables, thin out with wine, broth and paste, simmer for one hour.
- Pit, peel, and grill avocadoes on open flame for Green Goddess Dressing.
- Mix, puree and refrigerate Green Goddess Dressing.
- Mix, puree and refrigerate Bloody Bull mix.
- Add final red peppers, white beans and other vegetables to Chiarello Chicken And White Bean Chili with Veggies, simmer for another few minutes and refrigerate until serving.
2 Hours before Chili Challenge Cook off:
- Brown meats, sauté with vegetables, chilies, spices and flour, thin out with broth, beer, and ground tortilla mixture and allow to simmer for one hour for Green Duck Chili.
- Assemble and serve Bloody Bull cocktails.
- Cut iceberg wedges, top with Green Goddess Dressing, and serve.
- Garnish and serve chilies side by side, or separately.
Beverages: Bloody Bull Cocktails, Beer
- Cook Time:
- 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 1 hr 10 min