Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello
Hosted by Michael Chiarello
It's pasta three ways in an inexpensive party featuring everyone's favorite Italian food served in ways you'd never expect! With recipes for Lasagna of Roasted Butternut Squash; Crispy Pasta Salad with Warm goat cheese and pancetta; Baked Pastina Timbale
1 Day Before Party:
- Grind fennel-cinnamon spice mixture for Butternut Squash Lasagna.
- Peel and dice butternut squash. Season and roast squash then puree for lasagna. Blend puree with cheeses and set aside in refrigerator.
- Roast tomatoes and jalapeños for Pastina Timbale Sauce.
- Dice roasted peppers for Pastina Timbale Sauce.
- Cook lasagna noodles for Butternut Squash Lasagna.
- Dice and sauté remaining ingredients for Pastina Timbale Sauce. Finish Timbale Sauce. Cool and store overnight in refrigerator.
- Prepare and finish béchamel sauce for Butternut Squash Lasagna.
- Assemble Butternut Squash Lasagna.
1 Hour Before Party:
- Bake Butternut Squash Lasagna.
- Cook pastina for Pastina Timbale.
- Poach and sauté sausage for Pastina Timbale.
- Sauté garlic and breadcrumbs for Pastina Timbale. Prepare bowl to mold Timbale.
- Combine pastina with Timbale sauce, pour into bowl and rest until service.
- Cook angel hair pasta and fry for Pasta Cakes.
- Assemble and dress Pasta Cake Salad.
At the Party:
- Un-mold Pastina Timbale.
Eat and Enjoy!