Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello
Hosted by Michael Chiarello
It's an American Thanksgiving tradition, country style. With recipes for Whole Roasted Turkey with Citrus Rosemary Salt, Roasted Winter Squash, and Autumn Panzanella
1 Day Before Party
- Peel and dice butternut squash and chop herbs for Roasted Butternut Squash.
- Blend and simmer brown butter sauce and toss with squash. Roast squash.
- Blend Citrus Rosemary Salt for Roasted Turkey. Store in a container overnight.
- Remove roasted squash from oven and and puree it. Cool, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Dice bread, toss with brown butter and cheese and bake croutons for Autumn Panzanella Salad. Cool, cover and store overnight.
3 Hours Before Party:
- Season turkeys with olive oil and reserved Citrus Rosemary Salt. Roast turkeys. When finished, pull from oven and allow to rest before carving.
- Sauté onions and vinegar and puree for dressing for Autumn Panzanella Salad.
- Sauté mushrooms and thyme and add to Autumn Panzanella Salad.
- Reheat prepared Roasted Butternut Squash.
- Blend flour, butter and stock for gravy. Simmer a few minutes and serve warm with turkeys.
- Assemble and dress Autumn Panzanella Salad.
At the Party:
- Carve and serve turkeys with gravy.
- Serve Autumn Panzanella Salad and Roasted Butternut Squash.
Eat and Enjoy!
2001 Trefethen Cabernet, Napa Valley
2001 Adler Fels Gewurztraminer, Russian River Valley