Season 5, Episode 6
See Tune-In Times
Michael shows you the Chiarello version of the classic Lobster bake including recipes for Grilled Potato & Green
Onion Salad; Grilled Baguettes w/Old Bay Butter plus Cake Doughnut Bread Pudding
Day Before Party:
- Zest lemons for Old Bay Butter
- Simmer Old Bay Seasoning and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cool in an ice water bath, and blend in food processor with sweet butter, lemon zest, gray salt, and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Slice and boil potatoes for Potato and Scallion salad. Toss boiled potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly cook bacon for Potato and Scallion salad.
- Whisk leftover bacon fat and olive oil, mustard, champagne vinegar, shallots, Italian Parsley, salt and pepper for potato salad vinaigrette.
- Season Scallions with salt, pepper, and bacon fat mixture for potato and scallion salad.
- Grill scallions and potatoes. Slice ingredients for potato scallion salad and separate onto a plate. Cover and refrigerate.
1 Hour Before Party:
- Start charcoal for lobster bake.
- Fill galvanized tub with seaweed, lobsters, corn, partially boiled potatoes, clams, and chardonnay. Cover with damp burlap and set tub on charcoal to bake for 45 minutes.
- Break up donuts and raisins in the bottom of a pan for bread pudding.
- Cream sugar and sweet butter in a food processor for custard. Mix in eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and cream. Pour custard over donuts. Cover with foil and bake.
At the Party:
- Pour out the tub of lobster onto a newspaper covered table. Serve with lemon, Old Bay seasoning, and salt.
- Lightly grill linguisa on the grill.
- Toast baguettes on the grill and smother with Old Bay butter.
- Combine ingredients for potato and scallion salad. Cover with vinaigrette and season with gray salt.
- Remove foil from bread pudding and crisp in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter for Rum sauce. Stir in powdered sugar and thin sauce with dark rum. Pour sauce over bread pudding and serve.
Eat and Enjoy!