Season 5, Episode 8
See Tune-In Times
It's pasta three ways in an inexpensive party featuring everyone's favorite Italian food served in ways you'd never expect! With recipes for Lasagna of Roasted Butternut Squash; Crispy Pasta Salad with Warm goat cheese and pancetta; Baked Pastina Timbale
1 Day Before Party:
- Grind fennel-cinnamon spice mixture for Butternut Squash Lasagna.
- Peel and dice butternut squash. Season and roast squash then puree for lasagna. Blend puree with cheeses and set aside in refrigerator.
- Roast tomatoes and jalapeños for Pastina Timbale Sauce.
- Dice roasted peppers for Pastina Timbale Sauce.
- Cook lasagna noodles for Butternut Squash Lasagna.
- Dice and sauté remaining ingredients for Pastina Timbale Sauce. Finish Timbale Sauce. Cool and store overnight in refrigerator.
- Prepare and finish béchamel sauce for Butternut Squash Lasagna.
- Assemble Butternut Squash Lasagna.
1 Hour Before Party:
- Bake Butternut Squash Lasagna.
- Cook pastina for Pastina Timbale.
- Poach and sauté sausage for Pastina Timbale.
- Sauté garlic and breadcrumbs for Pastina Timbale. Prepare bowl to mold Timbale.
- Combine pastina with Timbale sauce, pour into bowl and rest until service.
- Cook angel hair pasta and fry for Pasta Cakes.
- Assemble and dress Pasta Cake Salad.
At the Party:
Eat and Enjoy!