Season 5, Episode 3
See Tune-In Times
Everyone's favorite appetizer becomes a party in itself as we set out a make your own bruschetta bar with plenty of toasty, garlicky bread and lots of delicious toppings. A fun and easy cocktail party everyone will love.
Day Before Party:
- Shave corn off cobs, simmer with cream for Creamed Corn Bruschetta. Cover and refrigerate.
- Blanch broccoli for Rosemary Skewers.
- Remove some leaves from rosemary stems to make "skewers".
- Whisk together marinade for Rosemary Skewers.
- Roast garlic in olive oil for Rosemary Skewers.
- Remove stems from shitake mushrooms for Rosemary Skewers.
- Assemble vegetables on Rosemary Skewers. Cover and refrigerate.
1 1/2 Hour Before Party:
- Sear steak to rare for Bistecca Bruschetta. Set aside on a rack.
- Slice and roast onions for Bistecca Bruschetta.
- Slice and bake bread to make Crostini.
- Slice bread for bruschetta.
- Finish roasted onions with vinegar, garlic and herbs.
- Finish steaks in oven for Bistecca Bruschetta. Remove and let rest.
1/2 Hour Before Party:
- Re-heat and plate creamed corn and proscuitto slices for Creamed Corn Bruschetta.
- Set up ingredients for Smeared Tomato Bruschetta with extra virgin olive oil, torn basil, and salt on a tray for guests to assemble.
- Carve steaks and arrange on platter with onions for Bistecca Bruschetta.
At the party:
- Grill Bruschetta bread slices.
- Grill Rosemary Skewers, serve with Carambazola cheese.
Eat and Enjoy!