Season 5, Episode 10
Gone Fishin Picnic
See Tune-In Times
Whether you catch and release or just spend a lazy Sunday on a lake, our picnic is the perfect thing to take on a boat
or a hike in the great outdoors. With recipes for Pappa Al Pomodoro ; Corn on the Cobb Salad WRAPS ; Aqua
Fresca di Fruitta (drink).
Day Before the Party:
- Peel and slice onions for Blue Cheese Dressing.
- Season and grill onions. Chop.
- Blend mayonnaise, sour cream, Tabasco, Worcestershire, blue cheese, salt and pepper, olive oil for dressing. Finish with chopped grilled onions.
- Pack dressing for picnic.
- Chop, puree and strain watermelon for Aqua Fresca di Fruitta. Season with sugar, salt, lime juice, water. Pour into individual drink containers. Reserve in refrigerator.
Day of the Party (1 ½ hours before the picnic):
- Boil eggs for Corn on the Cobb Salad.
- Season and grill chicken breast for Cobb Salad.
- Cool, peel and chop hard boiled eggs.
- Cut grilled chicken into bite size pieces.
- Chop onions and slice garlic for Pappa al Pomodoro. Sauté garlic and onions and add chopped tomatoes, bread, water, basil and olive oil. Simmer soup.
Day of the Party (1 hour before the picnic):
- Sauté the prosciutto for the Corn on the Cobb Salad.
- Slice fresh corn from cob.
- Chop tomatoes, avocados, romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce.
- Pack corn, watercress, grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs, romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, prosciutto, avocados, tomatoes into a picnic container.
- Pack a small container of salt and pepper.
- Pack Pappa al Pomodoro soup into individual containers. Top with grated Parmesan.
- Pack some extra grated Parmesan.
- Pack sandwich wraps, Cobb Salad ingredients, Aqua Fresca di Fruitta, and soup.
Eat and Enjoy!