FOOD NETWORK STAR FAN FAVORITE SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 2, 2016 until 9:30 a.m. ET on August 5, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”), you may enter the “Food Network Star Fan Favorite Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) by visiting the Food Network website (www.foodnetwork.com/shows/food-network-star/sweepstakes/enter.html) (the “Website”) and completing and submitting the online entry form. The Promotion Period consists of fourteen (14) separate and individual Entry Periods (each an “Entry Period” and collectively the “Entry Periods”). All entries must be received by the end time and date (detailed below) of each respective Entry Period to be eligible for the corresponding drawing. Entries will not be carried over into a subsequent Entry Period, except that all entries received during the first thirteen (13) Entry Periods will be automatically entered into the Grand Prize drawing. Incorrect and incomplete entries are void. These official rules are also available on the Website.
Limit of one (1) entry per eligible person, per day, during the Promotion Period. For purposes of this Promotion, a “day” begins at 9:31 a.m. ET and ends at 9:30 a.m. ET (except for the first day, which begins at 9:30 a.m. ET). All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Entry Period to be eligible for the drawing for that Entry Period. If more than one (1) entry is received in a day, only the first entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
||9:30 a.m. ET on 5/2/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 5/9/16
||9:31 a.m. ET on 5/9/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 5/16/16
||9:31 a.m ET on 5/16/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 5/23/16
||9:31 a.m ET on 5/23/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 5/30/16
||9:31 a.m ET on 5/30/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 6/6/16
||9:31 a.m ET on 6/6/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 6/13/16
||9:31 a.m ET on 6/13/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 6/20/16
||9:31 a.m ET on 6/20/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 6/27/16
||9:31 a.m ET on 6/27/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 7/4/16
||9:31 a.m ET on 7/4/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 7/11/16
||9:31 a.m ET on 7/11/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 7/18/16
||9:31 a.m ET on 7/18/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 7/25/16
||9:31 a.m ET on 7/25/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 8/1/16
|Grand Prize Drawing
||9:30 a.m. ET on 5/2/16
||9:30 a.m. ET on 8/5/16
Individuals who enter the Promotion between 9:31 a.m. ET on August 1, 2016 and 9:30 a.m. ET on August 5, 2016 will only be receiving entries into the Grand Prize drawing. Individuals who enter at any other time during the Sweepstakes Period will receive an entry for the corresponding drawing based on the chart above and the Grand Prize drawing.
ALL DATES SET FORTH IN THE CHART ABOVE AND ELSEWHERE IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO EXTENSION IN SPONSOR’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 21 years of age or older as of the Promotion start date, except employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors. An entrant is only eligible to win one (1) prize during the Promotion Period. Once an entrant wins once, all of the entrant’s other entries in the Promotion will be void and ineligible.
4. Limitations of Liability: Television Food Network, G.P. (“Sponsor”), other participating sponsors, and Ritway, Inc. (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or your receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Except where prohibited by law, the winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner's names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
5. How Winner will be Determined: There will be a total of fourteen (14) drawings, with one drawing for each Entry Period. For each drawing there will be one (1) potential prize winner (each, a “Prize Winner”) randomly selected from all eligible entries received during that drawing’s respective Entry Period. All drawings will take place on or around August 22, 2016. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the official rules, of administration of the Promotion, and of selection of the Prize Winners. Decisions of the Sponsor with respect to Prize Winners and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final. If, for any reason, more bona fide Prize Winners come forward seeking to claim a prize, the Prize Winners may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
Sponsor may contact each potential Prize Winner by email (or by use of other information provided in the entry form) (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) on or about the drawing date. A prospective Prize Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the prospective Prize Winner within three (3) days from first notification attempt, if the prospective Prize Winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if the prospective Prize Winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective Prize Winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing.
6. Conditions of Entry: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion, or to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. Prize: Each Prize Winner will be awarded the respective prize set forth below:
||Food Network Fan Gift Set
||Fan Gear T-shirts
||Fan Gear T-shirts
||It's Movie Time Prize Pack
||The Art of the Burger
||Travel Worthy Gift Set
||Bake Sheet Gift Set
||Edible Art Gift Set
||Ice Cream Social Essentials
||Guilty Pleasure Gift Set
||Fun with Food for the Holidays
||Cook For Your Life Gift Set
Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) all prizes is $4,999.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prizes in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the Prizes not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective Prize Winner.All federal, state and local taxes on the prizes are each Prize Winner’s responsibility. Each Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the respective prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
8. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Knox County, Tennessee, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Tennessee. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
9. Winner List: Beginning on or about September 6, 2016, you may obtain the name of the Prize Winners by going to the Website.
10. Sponsor: Television Food Networks, G.P., 75 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10001.
11. Administrator: Ritway, Inc., 1463 E Weisgarber Road, Knoxville, TN 37909.