GAMEPLAN FOR THE WEEK
Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas with Gooey Jack Cheese
Crudites with dip
Greek Pasta Salad with Feta and Chicken
Picante Roast Beef Sandwich
Cucumber Salad with Dill
Broiled or Grilled Nectarines with Granola
Meal #1 Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas and prep for the week
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cube and saute 2 pounds of chicken, some for the enchiladas tonight and some for meal #2, Greek Pasta Salad.
- Chop 1 cup of onions: 1/2 cup for tonight's enchiladas, label and store 1/2 for meal #3, Piquant Roast Beef Sandwiches later in the week.
- Saute onions and chicken. When cooked, label and store half for Meal #2, Greek Pasta Salad, reserve remainder for enchiladas tonight.
- Add remaining enchilada filling ingredients to pan with chicken. Heat through.
- Place enchilada filling in tortillas, roll up and place in baking pan, sprinkle with cheese and bake till cheese melts.
- Assemble a variety of veggies with dip to serve on the side.
- Serve and enjoy!
Meal #2 Greek Pasta Salad with Feta and Chicken
- Cook pasta in boiling water.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Get pre-cooked chicken and onions from fridge. Dice chicken into smaller pieces.
- Dice green pepper and add to the bowl with dressing and chicken.
- Drain cooked pasta and toss with dressing.
- Top with Feta just before serving.
- Eat and enjoy!
Meal #3 Picante Roast Beef Sandwich and Cucumber Salad with Dill
- Retrieve pre-chopped onions from fridge. Sautee with garlic.
- Slice roast beef into strips and add to pan with remaining sandwich filling ingredients. Simmer to reduce slightly.
- Place on rolls, adding plenty of sauce.
- To make salad, slice cucumber and toss with dill, salt, pepper and cider vinegar. Toss and serve with the sandwiches.
- Slice and pit nectarines, place on hot grill pan to soften.
- To serve, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with granola.