GAMEPLAN FOR THE WEEK
Roasted Vegetable Stew with Moroccan Couscous
Chicken Curry with Chickpeas
Rice Pudding with Cinnamon, Cardamom and Cranberries
Weekend Prep Day, Meal #1
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut and roast vegetables.
- Label and reserve 1 cup roasted vegetables for Meal #2 (Eggplant-Olive Caponata) and 1 cup for Meal #3(Chicken Curry with Chickpeas)
- Simmer stew ingredients including roasted vegetabes for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cook couscous with apricots and spices.
- Serve stew on top of a bed of couscous.
- Cut and skewer chicken.
- Whisk together marinade and reserve half a cup for dipping sauce.
- Grill skewered chicken for tonight and plain chicken for Meal #3 (Chicken Curry with Chickpeas).
- Label and refrigerate plain chicken breasts for Meal #3.
- Retrieve roasted vegetables labeled Meal # 2 from the refrigerator.
- Combine ingredients for the Eggplant-Olive Caponata Salad.
- Serve chicken skewers with reserved dipping sauce alongside the Caponata Salad.
- Prepare quick-cooking rice according to package instructions.
- Retrieve and cut reserved cooked chicken breasts labeled Meal #3 and roasted vegetables labeled Meal #3 from the refrigerator.
- Combine curry ingredients and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Chop cilantro and add it to the curry to finish the dish at the end of cooking.
- Plate and serve curry with the rice.
- Retrieve cooked leftover rice from the refrigerator.
- Stir together rice pudding ingredients and cook over medium heat until creamy and thick.
- Serve warm.
- Eat and Enjoy!