Paula's Home Cooking Episodes
Wedding showers are always special occasions and today it's a surprise shower for Paula. But, before we get the Lady to the church on time lets get the recipes together for Key Lime Tarts, Pickled Shrimp, Saltines Made Easy, Sesame Chicken Strips.
Whether it's baked, drizzled, melted or covered in-Paula's got a chocolate recipe that's decadent and delectable. With Ice Cream Balls, Caramelized Brownies, Savannah Chocolate Cake w/ hot fudge sauce & a Chocolate Toffee Trifle.
Chewy Caramel Brownies
- Paula recommends following the instructions for baking a "chewy" brownie when making your packaged brownies from a mix.
- When making your ice cream balls, form them quickly using just your hands to make them soft enough for the nuts to stick to easily.
Savannah Chocolate Cake
- Make sure to whack your baking pan full of cake batter on the counter a couple of times before you bake it, so that you get all the air bubbles out for a smooth chocolate cake.
- When making the hot fudge sauce to top your cake, always add the vanilla extract at the last second, so that it doesnt evaporate out of the sauce while its sitting in the heat.
- A good way to know whether or not your cake is done is to check to see if the sides of the cake pull away from the baking dish.
- You can use the same hot fudge sauce from the chocolate cake when making this trifle.
- Feel free to personalize everyones bowl of ice cream with different candy toppings when serving the brownies to family or friends, like cookies, peppermint or even cookie dough.
- Try sprinkling sweetened cocoa on your breakfast cereal to flavor it a bit.
You'll want to get up early today, 'cause Paula's putting together her Spring Brunch. Recipes filled with seasonal flavors to make this morning meal the highlight of your day. Paula's Fried Green Tomato & Egg Hollandaise, Strawberry fruit mould, French Toast Casserole with Maple Syrup.
If you can't stand the heat, you better get out of this kitchen today, because it's going to get Hot! Hot! Hot! Paula is going to set your taste buds on fire with recipes for Grillades & Grits, Fiery Cajun Shrimp, Jalapeno Cracklin' Corn Bread, Spicy Green Beans.
When it's poker night at Paula's everyone's a winner. With her 2 sons, Paula whips up some Caramel Corn, Chicken nuggets covered in their favorite chips - potato chips, and some fresh fruit pizzas for dessert.
Get ready for some southern hospitality cause Paula's throwing a cocktail party! With recipes for Creamy Onion Canapes, Cedar Salmon with Wasabi Cream, Pecan-Stuffed Dates & Southern Comfort Punch with a lemonade ice ring.