GAMEPLAN FOR THE WEEK
Peanutty Somen Noodles with Shrimp
Chicken Satay with Rice
Mango Red Onion Salad
Steak Salad with Peanut-Lime Vinaigrette
Root Beer Floats
Chocolate Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies
Meal #1, Peanutty Somen Noodles with Shrimp
- Blend Peanut sauce ingredients and heat.
- Cook somen noodles.
- Saute shrimp with garlic, ginger, and bell pepper.
- Chop green onions and peanuts. Chop and store extra peanuts for Meal #3, Steak Salad with Peanut-lime Vinaigrette.
- Add strained noodles to shrimp, pour in 1 cup of peanut sauce. Toss to combine.
Reserve remaining sauce: 1 cup for Meal #2, 1 cup for Meal #3.
- Garnish and serve!
Meal #2 Chicken Satay with Rice, Papaya Red Onion Salad
- Cook rice.
- Slice and skewer chicken. Place on grill, turning to cook all the way through.
- Heat 1 cup of the reserved peanut sauce with the additional ingredients to make a dipping sauce for the chicken.
- Dice mango and combine with other salad ingredients and dressing. Toss.
- Serve chicken Satay and rice with dipping sauce and salad on the side.
Meal #3 Steak Salad with Peanut-Lime Vinaigrette
- Season steak and sear on a grill pan. When done, remove from grill. Let rest before slicing against the grain in thin strips.
- Whisk together dressing using 1 cup of the reserved peanut sauce and lime juice.
- Layer salad greens with other vegetables, drizzle with dressing. Lay steak slices over salad, drizzle with remaining dressing and garnish with green onion and peanuts.
- Using homemade or store bought cookies, spread cookie with chocolate hazelnut spread such as Nutella, press on another cookie to make a sandwich.
- Scoop ice cream into a frosty mug, top off with root beer.