Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs Sweepstakes
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the United States only (including its territories, possessions, and commonwealths) and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal U.S. resident, 21 years or older, and accessing this site in the United States, its territories, possessions, or commonwealths.
THE NEXT IRON CHEF: SUPER CHEFS SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS, 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on October 28, 2011 until 4:59:59 p.m. ET on December 27, 2011 (the "Promotion Period"), you may enter the "The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs Sweepstakes" (the "Promotion"). To enter the Promotion, watch the weekly episode of The Next Iron Chef to receive the weekly "secret ingredient" (the "Weekly Secret Ingredient"), then visit the Food Network website (www.foodnetwork.com/NIC) (the "Website") to complete and submit the entry form including the Weekly Secret Ingredient. A new Weekly Secret Ingredient will be revealed during each of eight (8) episodes for a total of eight (8) Weekly Secret Ingredients. Weekly Secret Ingredient submission periods are as follows (each, a "Submission Week"): 9:00: am ET on October 28, 2011 through 8:59:59 pm ET on November 6, 2011; 9:00: pm ET on November 6, 2011 through 8:59:59 pm ET on November 13, 2011; 9:00: pm ET on November 13, 2011 through 8:59:59 pm ET on November 20, 2011; 9:00: pm ET on November 20, 2011 through 8:59:59 pm ET on November 27, 2011; 9:00: pm ET on November 27, 2011 through 8:59:59 pm ET on December 4, 2011; 9:00: pm ET on December 4, 2011 through 8:59:59 pm ET on December 11, 2011; 9:00: pm ET on December 11, 2011 through 8:59:59 pm ET on December 18, 2011; and 9:00: pm ET on December 18, 2011 through 8:59:59 pm ET on December 27, 2011 To be eligible, the entry form must contain the Weekly Secret Ingredient revealed during the same Submission Week in which Sponsor receives the entry. Only one (1) entry per valid email address, per eligible person per Submission Week. Incorrect, illegible, and incomplete entries are void. These official rules are also available on the Website.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the U.S. and its territories, possessions and commonwealths who are 21 years of age or older, except employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors.
4. Limitations of Liability:Scripps Networks, LLC ("Sponsor") and Kikkoman Sales USA, Inc., and other participating sponsors (collectively with Sponsor, the "Promotion Entities") their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible or postage due, or any combination thereof. Proof of mailing, in person submission, or online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering, all participants and/or entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, sweepstakes partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with each entrant's participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Any and all warranties and guarantees are subject to the respective manufacturer's terms. Winner must sign a Liability and Publicity Release. All documents must be returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If potential Winner fails to return such documents within that time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Except where prohibited by law, the winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner's names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
All travel companions of winner must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian, and must each sign a Liability and Publicity Release. If potential Winner's travel companions fail to return such documents within date and/or time indicated within such documents, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Except where prohibited by law, the winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner's travel companion's names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
5. How Winner will be Determined: The Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on approximately January 4, 2012, by an independent judging organization, and will be contacted by phone on or about January 9, 2012. Judge's decisions with respect to winners and other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final. A prospective winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the prospective winner within five (5) days from first notification attempt, if the prospective winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, or if the prospective winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective winner shall be selected. By entering into the Promotion, all entrants consent to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online announcements, worldwide and without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the drawing.
6. Conditions of Entry: This Promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the judge's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the judges reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Promotion, or to terminate the Promotion and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. Prize: One Grand Prize Winner will win a trip for the Grand Prize Winner and one guest to a taping of Iron Chef America in New York City, including the following:
- Two round trip coach class air transportation for two people between the major U.S. commercial airport nearest Grand Prize Winner's residence and New York City. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of $2,000.
- Hotel accommodations (as determined by Sponsor) for six (6) days/five (5) nights (one double occupancy room, room rate and tax only). ARV of $2,500.
- Three dinners for two people at restaurants owned or operated by contestants or former contestants on The Next Iron Chef or Iron Chef (subject to availability). ARV of $1,000.
- Two (2) tickets to a taping of The Next Iron Chef (subject to taping schedule). ARV of $50
- Kikkoman branded gift basket. ARV of $50.
Total ARV of the Grand Prize is $5,600. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of a prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Winner must travel during a 6 day/5 night period that includes the Sponsor designated taping of The Next Iron Chef show. Exact dates of trip will be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion. It is anticipated the taping may take place between June 2012 and July 2012.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prizes in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. The taping schedule of The Next Iron Chef is subject to change, and tickets. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective Winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the prize Winner's responsibility. Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the respective prize. If Grand Prize Winner is unable to fulfill Grand Prize during time period, Grand Prize Winner forfeits the Grand Prize and an alternate winner will be selected. All travel dates will be determined by the Sponsor, and once made may not be altered except by Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. The Hotel accommodations do not include other meals that are not described above, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip. All other expenses not specifically identified as included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Winner and guests must travel the same itinerary and on the dates and/or times specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value. The Grand Prize will be awarded.
8. Winner's List:Beginning on or about January 11, 2012 you may obtain the name of the Winners by going to the Website. Results of the drawing will be removed from the Website on or about February 8, 2012
9. Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC, 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, Tennessee 37932.
10. Administrator: Ritway, Inc. 1363 East Weisgarber Road, Knoxville, Tennessee 37909.