I'm seeing (Next Food Network) stars...
All the connecting I've been doing with old friends via facebook (shhh….really should be working) got me thinking...what the heck is going on with some of the alums of Next Food Network Star? After doing a little digging and investigating, here is what I've uncovered:
1. JAG (Joshua Adam Garcia), Season 3 - Still spicing things up with Latino cusine, Jag is heading up the kitchen at the new Tampa restaurant, Posh 27. Word is the restaurant/night club will open this summer and will be sizzling.
2. Kelsey Nixon, Season 4 - The perky Ms. Nixon is sure to be around somewhere, but I can't spill the beans yet. All that I can say is that you should keep checking in on the Food2 website.
3. Reggie Southerland, Season 2 - The charming, Reggie recently appeared in an episode of Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade, and you'll also see some of his original recipes designed especially for one of my favorite kitchen gadgets - the micoplane!
4. Hans Rueffert, Season 1 - Hans just published his first book, "Eat Like There's No Tomorrow" (I love this title)-- reserve your copy now on Amazon
5. Nathan Lyon, Season 2 - Nathan landed the role as "Food Expert" on the new TLC show, Real Simple Real Life. (OMW - Would I love my very own FE in my amateur kitchen!)
So, there you have it….dear readers. See, you don't have to be a Star of NFNS, to have one find you. If you are still curious about your favorite NFNS past contestant, no fear! A little birdie has also told me to stay tuned for "Where are they now" videos launching on FoodNetwork.com May 1st. And of course, we'll all meet an entire new batch of contestants when the season five premieres on June 9th!
Oh and by the way, if you are on Facebook….join the Food Network Group. I just joined, uh, this afternoon...