Fall Fest: Brussels Sprouts Gratin
We're teaming up with other food and garden bloggers to host Fall Fest 2010, a season-long garden party. Each week we'll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you're harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. To join in, check out awaytogarden.com.
Thinking about adding Brussels sprouts to your Thanksgiving feast, but scared some guests may wrinkle their noses at the mere mention? Try this easy-to-love, cheese-topped Brussels Sprouts Gratin from Food Network Magazine. Melty and oozy, it's an easy way to ease doubters into loving this dreaded veg.
Bonus: For a crowd of Brussels sprouts lovers, go for the Barefoot Contessa's Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Easy and simple, roasting lets the flavor of the sprouts shine. Join Ina in the kitchen for a step-by-step how-to.
For more Thanksgiving side dish ideas, browse our photo gallery of 50+ side dishes, rounded up from your favorite Food Network chefs.
What's your favorite Thanksgiving veggie dish? Shout it out in the comments, or share your favorite recipes on Twitter at #fallfood.
- Michelle at Cooking Channel: Cauliflower with Sweet Potatoes
- Food Network UK: Why I Love Cabbage Soup
- Alison at Food2: All About Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Liz at Healthy Eats: Kale 5 Ways (Including Kale Chips!)
- Paige at The Sister Project: Brussels Sprouts to Convert Determined Haters
- Nicole at Pinch My Salt: Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Walnuts
- Todd and Diane: Spicy Brussels Sprouts with Mint
- Caroline at The Wright Recipes: Fresh Brussels Sprout Salad with Pears and Blue Cheese
- Caron at San Diego Foodstuff: Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar
- Gilded Fork: Bodacious Brassicas
- Alana at Eating from the Ground Up: Brussels Sprouts Gratin