The Best Game-Day Snacks from Food Network Magazine
With kickoff just days away, it’s time to firm up your game-day spread. Don’t serve the same dip and wings you’ve been making all season long. Add something new for your championship lineup. Read on below to find five winning ideas from the January/February issue of Food Network Magazine.
1. Add ranch-flavored snacks. Give your favorite tailgating foods, like chili and crab dip, a fun new spin. Sour cream and buttermilk add a delicious tang to this new take on guacamole (pictured above) and help prevent discoloration. Or instead of the expected platter of Buffalo wings, serve buttermilk-marinated chicken wings (also pictured above) with a ranch-chipotle sauce.
2. Remix your party mix. Looking for something with a big wow factor? Party mix marshmallow treats (pictured above) are your answer. They’re gooey, crunchy, sweet and salty all at once. Instead of cereal, these addictive snacks are made with savory goodies like pretzels and bagel chips.
3. Supersize your sandwiches. Instead of mini sliders, make one gigantic sub sandwich (or serve a couple, depending on how many people you have over). For inspiration, check out Food Network Magazine's 50 Party Subs. From hearty favorites like Philly cheesesteak and Italian meatball to a California-inspired veggie sub (pictured above), there’s something for everyone.
4. Make it ahead. Don't miss out on a buzzworthy commercial or the game-winning catch because you’re busy in the kitchen. Prep a big batch of slow-cooker pulled pork in the morning, and it'll be tender and ready to devour by the first play.
5. Don't forget something sweet. There are always plenty of spicy snacks for the big bash, but dessert is often an afterthought. Serve chocolate treats after halftime when everyone has likely had a few too many cheesy apps. These mini chocolate cupcakes and triple-chocolate cookies pack a ton of rich cocoa flavor into small, hand-held forms.