10 Kitchen Tools Under $10 — The Product Puree
Do you want to get serious about cooking, but you don't know where to start when it comes to choosing the right tools, especially when you're on a budget? Setting up a well-rounded kitchen can be a daunting, not to mention expensive, task. Whether you're a college student, newlywed or budding cook, these 10 cooking tools under $10 are a great start to upping your game in the kitchen.
1. Whisk: A whisk will come in handy when mixing batters or whisking eggs for breakfast.
2. Fine Grater and Zester: Zest adds instant flavor and color to any recipe. This tool does double-duty by grating hard cheeses like Parmesan too.
3. Swivel Peeler: Peel potatoes to be mashed, remove the tough outer skin of butternut squash and prepare carrots for your favorite chicken noodle soup recipe with this gadget.
4. Cutting Board: If you're going to be cooking, then you're going to be chopping. So get your hands on a cutting board that will make those chopping jobs easier and will last.
5. Tongs: Tongs help keep your fingers safe when picking up and turning hot foods in a pan.
6. Salt Box: Keep your salt in a pretty box on the counter for easy accessibility when perfectly seasoning your meals.
7. Spatula Spoon: A spatula spoon will help transfer batters and mixes into your cooking vessel, as well as scrape every last bit of peanut butter from the jar.
8. Flexible Turner: Those pancakes aren't going to flip themselves! A flexible turner makes flipping your fluffy pancakes easy while being delicate enough not to rip or tear them.
9. Sifter: Sifting together dry ingredients results in lighter and fluffier cakes.
10. Mini Muffin Pan: Turn any cake or quick-bread recipe into mini muffins that are fun and easy to eat. Mini muffins easily pack into school or work lunches and make any meal more fun.
Catherine McCord is a food blogger and mother of two living in Los Angeles. Her recipes and tips for nutritious and easy family eating are featured daily on her blog, Weelicious.com, and in her new cookbook Weelicious: One Family . One Meal. Catherine’s advice and recipes can often be seen on Babble.com, The Huffington Post, Celebrity Babies, Parents, Parenting and more.