Best 5 Tools and Tips Needed for Thanksgiving Entertaining
On Thanksgiving, the holiday ultimately culminates when you finally set on the table a glistening golden-brown turkey featuring crispy skin and juicy, tender meat, and you surround the bird with a bounty of comforting sides and salads. But pulling off a memorable celebration takes patience, planning and a few must-have gadgets to complete the feast. Check out Food Network's top-five roundups below to find helpful guides for hosting the holiday, the ultimate party-planning calculator and Ted Allen's simple solutions for easy entertaining.
5. Table Centerpieces and Home Decor — Set the scene on the table with rustic centerpieces made from repurposed household products, like empty wine bottles, and such seasonal ingredients as nuts, fruits and gourds.
4. Table Setting Ideas — Buffet tables can be dressed up with a vibrant tablecloth and a mix of dishes, while sit-down dinner tables can be personalized with handwritten menus, warm-colored flowers and individual serving pieces.
3. Cooking and Baking Tools — Before you begin Turkey Day prep work in the kitchen, pick up a few must-have gadgets, like an oven thermometer for the bird and a fat separator for the gravy. Baking enthusiasts will also want a rolling pin, plus measuring spoons and cups.
2. Dinner Portion Planner — Follow this simple guide to find out how much of each course, including wine, appetizers, soup, turkey, sides and pie, you'll need to serve, based on what other food you're offering and how many people you're hosting.
1. Ted's Tips for a Stress-Free Thanksgiving — Ted Allen shared with Food Network Magazine his tried-and-true tricks for ensuring the holiday goes off without a hitch. Among them is his reminder to "thaw the darned turkey" and his suggestion to "plan and work ahead."