How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
By: Food Network Magazine
Make chocolate chip cookies exactly how you like them with these tips from Food Network Magazine:
- Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies (pictured above) bake longer than the average cookie so they end up brown all over, not just around the edges.
- Superfine sugar makes for a fine crumb and crisp texture.
- Vegetable oil helps the batter spread so the cookies come out extra thin.
- The high proportion of brown sugar keeps Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies moist in the middle.
- Sifting the dry ingredients incorporates air into the batter and helps make the cookies soft.
- Chilling the dough prevents it from spreading too much in the oven.
- A high oven temperature makes Crispy-Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies crisp around the edges.
- The middle stays thick and cakey because the baking time is so short.
- Getting this texture is easier if you use smaller-sized mounds of dough.
- There's more flour than usual, plus baking powder and baking soda, so Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies end up thick and scone-like.
- Cake flour and cornstarch give these cookies their cakey texture.
- The butter in this recipe is only lightly beaten, which helps the cookies puff up.
It's not too early to indulge in fall flavors. Try Food Network's Most Popular Pin of the Week: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Inspired by a child's request, the chefs in Food Network Kitchens created a Chocolate Sugar Cookie recipe for the holidays.
Reaching for a more wholesome cookie might seem like a smarter choice, but do these ostensibly healthier brands pass the test for nutrition and flavor? Find out.
Homemade cookies are a great dessert option. They’re portioned, easy to prepare and you control the ingredients. Here are some sweet Healthy Eats approved recipes, fancy enough for company, yet casual enough for an evening snack.
Trisha Yearwood’s Brownie Batter Cookies are dense, rich and a chocolaty bite of cookie pleasure. Get the recipe.
Create your own cookie recipe from Food Network Magazine—the possibilities are endless!
Bobby’s classic chocolate chippers are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and bursting with both milk and semisweet chocolate chunks.
Learn how to bake the best chocolate chip cookies inspired by Holiday Baking Championship, which airs on Sundays at 9|8c.