Is ‘Chicken Nugget Connoisseur’ Your Next Career Move?
If you’re really into nuggets and free food, British retailer B&M has just the opportunity for you.
Are you able to hold forth on the finer points of chicken nuggets? Are you super into free food? Are you bored with your job (or your life) and interested in trying something new?
If the answers to any or all of those questions is "yes," meet your new dream gig: "Chicken Nugget Connoisseur."
Yup, that’s actually the title of a job posted online by British retailer B&M, inviting applicants to submit their qualifications — in the form of "a paragraph on why you think you deserve the opportunity and what relevant experiences you have" — for consideration.
B&M’s outreach to fill the temporary position is part of an expansion of its fresh and frozen food offerings. The chosen taste tester will be given £25 (about $35 U.S.) worth of B&M food vouchers each month (yes, that may be the sole payment) and, in exchange, "share their feedback with the B&M buying to help evolve the range."
The official job posting specifies the following qualifications:
- Getting the 20 share box of nuggets from McDonalds and keeping them all for yourself
- Being the first in the office kitchen whenever someone says there’s cake
- That time you tripped and fell at a buffet and saved the plate before yourself
- Going to an event or party because there is free food
- You value the importance of a fish finger sandwich in life
- You can conduct a power point presentation on the reasoning behind curly fries being nicer than chips
Sound like you? Give it a shot. After all, YOLO — and you’d be hard-pressed to find a better job title.