Best 5 Chicken Soup Recipes
The ultimate bowl of piping-hot comfort food, chicken soup is family-friendly fare at its best. Instead of resorting to the red and white soup can for a quick meal, try Food Network's top five chicken soup recipes that are both easy to prepare and classically flavored. Serve up a bowl of our best today and bring a little warmth to these chilly winter nights.
5. Hearty Italian Chicken and Vegetable Soup — Simmer the broth with a Parmesan cheese rind to add a subtle salty, nutty flavor to this veggie-packed soup (pictured above).
4. Thai Chicken Soup — Made with coconut milk and green curry paste, this Asian-inspired dish boasts a burst of color, thanks to sliced red bell peppers.
3. Mexican Tortilla Chicken Soup — Garnish this spicy soup with diced avocado and lime wedges to cut through the heat of the jalapenos.
2. Cream of Chicken Soup — A splash of heavy cream offers richness and smooth decadence to this bowl, featuring fresh parsley and thyme.
1. Chicken Soup — Ina’s old-fashioned recipe yields classic comfort food, especially when served with warm matzo balls or noodles.