Best 5 Corn Recipes
You've seen it overflowing the farmers market tables and piling high in the grocery store produce section: Corn is officially in season, with its sweet, bright-yellow cobs at their peak of freshness from now through the end of the summer. While shucking and boiling corn, then dousing it with butter and salt is a deliciously traditional way to prepare this family-friendly vegetable, there are indeed dressed-up versions of the classic that are every bit as simple and quick to prepare. Grilling fresh cobs will deliver a smoky note, while experimenting with ingredient butters or baking the kernels into a sweet casserole will offer next-level tastes and textures that highlight corn's natural flavor. Check out Food Network's top-five corn dishes below from the Neelys, Guy, Bobby and more Food Network chefs for easy recipe inspiration.
5. Smoky Corn on the Cob — Thanks to a low and slow grilling technique, these slightly charred cobs have time to become tender without burning.
4. Sweet Corn Pudding — A creamy, cheesy casserole that will round out your backyard barbecue, the Neelys' fresh-corn bake is spiked with a pinch of cayenne pepper for subtle heat.
3. Barbecue Corn — Cover whole corn cobs with a smooth mixture of butter and barbecue sauce, then wrap them in corn and grill until tender for a no-fuss side dish ready to eat in only 15 minutes.
2. Black Bean and Corn Salad — Guy's quick-fix salad — featuring sauteed bell peppers, snow peas and seasonal tomatoes — can be served warm or cold.
1. Grilled Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter, Fresh Lime and Cotija Cheese — In the style of Mexican street corn, Bobby's five-star cobs (pictured above) are grilled until smoky, blanketed in a creamy, bold butter, sprinkled with cheese, then finished with refreshing lime juice. Click the play button on the video below to watch Bobby make them.