Best 5 Quick Christmas Recipes
Whether you find yourself hosting unexpected holiday guests or are suddenly tasked with bringing a dish to pass at a party, it's a good idea to have in your recipe arsenal those crowd-pleasing dishes that look deliciously elaborate and taste just as impressive but are, in fact, a cinch to prepare. When last-minute get-togethers arise, reach for Food Network's top-five quick recipes for Christmas, a collection of celebration-worthy classics from some of your favorite chefs, like Rachael, Robert and Ina. Perhaps best of all, these go-to picks can be on the table in less than 35 minutes.
5. Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Reduction — Pork and apples are two ingredients simply better together, and here they're combined when a sweet and tangy maple syrup-apple cider vinegar sauce is spooned over juicy tenderloins.
4. Creamed Spinach — With a rich and creamy sauce subtly spiced with nutmeg, this traditional steakhouse side dish can be made easily at home with fresh spinach and will round out any entree.
3. Five-Minute Fudge Wreath — The secret to making Rachael's ultimate dessert is working quickly. She combines chocolate and butterscotch morsels with sweetened condensed milk, then forms the mixture into a wreathlike shape while it's still warm in the pan. Click the play button on the video below to watch her make it.
2. Old-Fashioned Mashed Potatoes — A timeless side that can be made with just five everyday ingredients, Robert's comforting mashed potatoes can feed up to 20 people, so they're a must-have addition to any large gathering or buffet spread.
1. Lemon Pasta with Roasted Shrimp — Ina lets the light, refreshing flavor of lemon shine in this fuss-free pasta (pictured above from Food Network Magazine), tossed in a simple, buttery sauce and studded with tender oven-roasted shrimp.