5 New Recipes for Spring
When you've nearly exhausted all of your usual go-to meals, it's time to update your recipe repertoire with a fresh set of flavors. Think of it as a spring cleaning of sorts, celebrating the change in season with family-friendly dinners, salads and treats that showcase the best tastes the warm weather has to offer. Check out a few of Food Network's favorite innovative springtime recipes below to find must-try ideas from Melissa, Giada, Ina and more chefs.
5. Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad — Dressed with a sweet and tangy mustard-mayonnaise vinaigrette, Melissa's top-rated salad is tossed with crispy bacon for extra indulgent flavor.
4. Spring Peas with Dates and Walnuts — The beauty of this quick-fix side dish is that it boasts a mix of textures, including the trio of tender English, snap and snow peas, crunchy nuts and chewy dried fruit. Plus, it's a big-batch recipe, so it's sure to feed a crowd when you're entertaining.
3. Nonna's Lemon Ricotta Biscuits — "Thanks to the cheese, they stay moist while you bake them," Giada says of her five-star biscuits, laced with fresh lemon juice for a bright taste and topped with slivered almonds.
2. Spring Asparagus Tart — After cooling off the blanched asparagus in iced water, Alex explains, "Taking care that no water gets into the final salad is the best way to assure that the maximum flavor will be enjoyed." This means it's best to be sure that the stalks are fully dry and chilled before combining them with a sweetened mixture of lemon and Dijon.
1. Pasta, Pesto and Peas — Ready to eat in just over 30 minutes, Ina's vibrant pasta salad (pictured above) is made extra-special with two different kinds of noodles, and her homemade pesto turns deliciously rich with the addition of creamy mayonnaise. Click the play button on the video below to watch her make it.