Best 5 Blueberry Muffin Recipes
When cold cereal and buttered toast just aren't cutting it for breakfast anymore, reach for a comforting morning treat: freshly baked blueberry muffins. The beauty of muffins is that just one baking session yields several days' worth of breakfasts — or any-time snacks — and they're endlessly pleasing to both kids and grownups alike. Check out Food Network's top-five easy-to-make blueberry muffin recipes below to find a mix of classic and dressed-up takes on this timeless pick from Ina, Giada, Alton and more Food Network chefs.
5. Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins — Ready to eat in less than 40 minutes, Ina's light, fluffy muffins are made with tangy sour cream, which she says "makes [them] really moist."
4. Blueberry Lemon Muffins — Fresh lemon zest adds a refreshing flavor and bright scent to these fuss-free beauties, best topped with sugar before baking.
3. Blueberry Buttermilk Corn Muffins — After making a classic corn muffin batter with rich, creamy buttermilk, Giada adds blueberries for a fruity surprise. She opts for berries that are frozen "so that way they stay intact when they're cooking in the muffins," she explains.
2. Blueberry Whole-Wheat Muffins — These better-for-you muffins start with whole-wheat flour and feature a combination of oil and low-fat sour cream, which adds to their tender texture. Finish them with sweetened oats for a crunchy topping.
1. Blueberry Muffins — Stick to what Alton calls "the Muffin Method," which includes mixing ingredients for only 10 seconds, to yield deliciously sweet muffins (pictured above) every time. Click the play button on the video below to hear more about Alton's "Muffin Method," and watch him make this go-to recipe.