Best 5 Gingerbread Recipes
Cut-out cookies may be among the most-popular ways to enjoy gingerbread, but this sweet, slightly spicy flavor shines beyond people-shaped treats. From cocktails and cupcakes to waffles and trifles, celebrate the warm flavors of gingerbread with tried-and-true eats and drinks ideal for holiday entertaining. Read on below for Food Network's top-five seasonal gingerbread recipes and get sweet inspiration from Ina Garten, Bobby Flay, Trisha Yearwood and more of your favorite chefs.
5. Gingerbread Waffles — Start with canned pumpkin puree to keep Rachael Ray's cinnamon-spiced waffles quick and simple. Once these light, fluffy beauties are cooked, set up a toppings bar and let your family finish their waffles with syrup, whipped cream or fresh fruit.
4. Gingerbread Cupcakes with Orange Icing — For a double dose of bold ginger flavor, Ina mixes dried crystallized ginger into the molasses-spiked cupcake batter, then she sprinkles additional crystallized ginger atop the smooth citrus-cream cheese frosting.
3. Gingerbread Martini — Part dessert and part cocktail, Trisha's whipped cream-topped martini boasts a trio of liqueurs mixed with a spiced syrup featuring fragrant cloves and cinnamon. Garnish with crushed gingerbread cookies for welcome texture and added flavor.
2. Gingerbread — Slimmed — Moist, tender and full of flavor, Food Network Kitchen's crowd-pleasing gingerbread cake is a better-for-you version of the traditional dessert. This one features a combination of light buttermilk and applesauce to save on calories, but it maintains the classic taste, thanks to plenty of spices.
1. Gingerbread and Lemon Curd Trifle with Blackberry Sauce — As striking to look at as it is full of flavor, Bobby's party-ready trifle will feed up to 12 people. He stacks the big-batch dessert with buttery homemade gingerbread, plus tangy, creamy lemon curd and a fruity sauce made with sweetened blackberries. Click the play button on the video below to watch Bobby make it.
We're sorry, there seems to be an issue playing this video. Please refresh the page or try again in a moment. If you continue to have issues, please contact us here.