30 Days of Stone Fruit
Apricots, nectarines, pears, peaches, cherries, and plums…oh my! Pick up any or all of these stone fruit at a market near you. Here are 30 ways you can enjoy.
Apricots, nectarines, peaches, cherries and plums . . . oh my! Pick up any or all of these in-season stone fruit at a market near you. Here are 30 ways you can enjoy.
- Did you know fruits whose flesh and skin grow around a hard pit are known as "stone fruits?"
- You can grill up your favorite stone fruit.
- Enjoy Ellie’s Savory Peach Chicken.
- Top your morning oatmeal or yogurt with sliced apricots, plums, peaches or nectarines.
- Combine plums with McIntosh apples for a Plum Applesauce.
- Fun fact: Stone fruit are part of the rose family.
- Add flavor to your grilled fish or chicken with a Peach Mustard Chutney.
- Find out why cherries made our list of red foods you should be eating.
- Sip on homemade cherry juice.
- Couple pickled peaches with pork or chicken for a savory dish with a touch of tangy sweetness.
- Bake a Plum Apricot Crisp.
- Pair grilled stone fruit with a black pepper syrup in Rachel’s recipe.
- Light up the night with this showstopping flambé dessert.
- Whip up Mark Bittman’s Scallop Plum Ceviche for less than 120 calories per serving.
- Make a batch of peach sangria.
- Enjoy the mouthwatering duo of peaches and cherries in Ellie’s delicious dessert.
- Visit your local farmers’ market and pick up some sweet, juicy nectarines.
- Drizzle honey on plums to make Alton’s 2-ingredient recipe.
- Pork and plums make a fabulous combination in Rachel’s recipe.
- Have extra sour cherries? Make a jam.
- Quick plum conversion: 1 pound fresh plums = 6 to 8 whole plums = 2 ½ cups sliced = 2 cups cooked.
- Preserve all that peach goodness in a Peach-Mustard Compote.
- Think outside the box with Dana’s Nectarine & Avocado Salsa.
- Discover Alton’s secrets to drying fruit.
- Enjoy peaches for breakfast in Ellie’s Peach French Toast Bake.
- Wow guests with a quick and easy nectarine and beefsteak tomato salad.
- A "pluot" is a fruit that's 75% plum and 25% apricot.
- Preserve your cherries by soaking them in alcohol, such as rum or liquor.
- Check out eight more delicious stone fruit recipes.
- Read more about your favorite stone fruit: cherries, nectarines, apricots, peaches and plums.
Who knew you could do so many healthy and delicious things with grapes - check out all 30 of them!
Whether you’re a sweet or savory zucchini-lover, we’ve got your covered. Check out these 30 creatively healthy recipes and fun zucchini facts!
It’s the peak of the season for sweet corn. Here are 30 ways to enjoy this summer treasure.
These fruit from the Rosaceae family contain a single hard seed or pit (a.k.a. a stone). They include some of our summer faves like cherries, plums, peaches and apricots. Enjoy your favorites in these mouth-watering recipes.
Berries are a summer treasure! Whether you prefer strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries, here are 30 ways to enjoy these nutritious little delights.
Our friends over at Foodnetwork.com have just launched a new feature to help you ween off the sweets and get back to healthier eats this month.
Mashed with marshmallows on top isn't the only way to enjoy sweet potatoes. Here are 30 ways to enjoy sweet potatoes while they're in season.
Get Curtis' ideal Father’s Day meal featuring grilled rib-eye steaks.
Help a friend get their apple a day this holiday season with a container of Aida's easy spiced fruit chips. These festive chips are super-simple to make, and they'll stand out from the crowd of cakes, candies and cookies.