30 Days of Grapes
Who knew you could do so many healthy and delicious things with grapes - check out all 30 of them!
1. Find out which state is the largest grape producer in the U.S.
2. Make grape gazpacho.
3. Grapes boast B vitamins like thiamin and vitamin B6.
4. Visit your farmers’ market for lesser known varieties.
5. To prevent choking, always cut grapes in half for the little ones.
6. Grapes meet the grill with these flavorful chicken-and-grape skewers (above).
7. Frozen grapes make a cool, healthy treat.
8. Add halved grapes to chicken salad.
9. Budget-friendly tip: grapes cost almost 50% less when in season.
10. Make this focaccia full of fall flavors.
11. One cup of grapes has 62 calories; 1 cup of raisins has 434 – adjust portions accordingly.
12. Don’t forget about wine – try this refreshing cocktail.
13. Warm up your wine for a chilly evening.
14. Grapes x 2! Sangria with frozen grapes.
16. Grapes and peanuts contain the antioxidant resveratrol.
17. Sprinkle grapes with coarse sugar and serve in phyllo or puff pastry cups.
18. Grape juice sweetens this homemade sherbet.
19. Add raisins to your homemade trail mix.
20. Sensationally simple fruit salad.
21. Toss grapes into your tuna salad for a tangy crunch.
22. Stuffed grape leaves, a vegetarian delight.
23. Pair with walnuts and blue cheese.
24. Need more iron? Choose raisins: A 1/4 cup of raisins has 1o times more iron than the same portion of grapes.
25. Sweeten coleslaw with grapes.
26. Pickled grapes! Sounds weird, but tastes amazing.
27. No relation to actual grapes, but grape tomatoes are still in season, too.
28. Use grapes in place of blueberries in your favorite muffin recipe.
30. Make your own flavored milk with grape juice.
Dana Angelo White, MS, RD, ATC, is a registered dietitian, certified athletic trainer and owner of Dana White Nutrition, Inc., which specializes in culinary and sports nutrition. See Dana's full bio »