12 Days of Holiday Gifts: Flavored Honey
Looking to treat the sweet tooth on your gift list to something a bit unique this holiday season? DIY flavored honeys are a perfect fit.
Looking to treat the sweet tooth on your gift list to something a bit unique this holiday season? Homemade flavored honeys are a perfect fit.
- Start with a mild but tasty honey like wildflower. I think using a local variety makes the gift all the more special.
- Add your own special twist:
- You can add mild herbs like lavender and chamomile, or stronger flavors like rosemary or mint directly to the jar and let them steep. For a more intense flavor, warm the herbs and the honey just slightly in a saucepan then re-jar once cooled.
- The same process works for spices and zest. Warm some honey with lemon or orange zest to add some brightness or spices like dried hot peppers or cardamom for a more savory twist.
- Label the jars and adorn with a festive bow.
You Might Also Like:
Give the gift of fresh herbs all year long with an indoor herb grower, the Aerogarden.
Whether you’re cooking for a family or just for one, a Panini maker can help dress up an ordinary sandwich. Is there one on your holiday wishlist?
Make Robin Miller's homemade coconut macaroons to give as a holiday gift this year.
Everyone loves chocolate, so everyone on your holiday list will love a batch of homemade chocolate bark.
Trying to keep alcohol consumption modest this holiday season? Make the most of your celebratory sips with these homemade vodka infusions.
If you’ve got the cookie recipes covered, try a savory twist to your holiday gifts with homespun crackers. We’ve got two basic recipes you can use to create all kinds of festive flavors.
Puerto Ricans have our own version of eggnog: coquito! My mother would always make this icy coconut-based drink for the holidays -- a mouthwatering tradition. But it can still be heavy on the calories, so these days, I make it lighter with a few easy tweaks. Here's how to make this classic holiday drink, plus how to package it up for a a unique, delicious homemade gift.
Keep your portions in check with a digital scale that displays not only fat and calories, but carbs, sodium and protein too.