Top Healthy Recipes of 2012
10. Apple Muffins: Ellie Krieger replaces butter with applesauce in these muffins which doesn't just make them more nutritious, it also makes them extra moist.
9. Fish Tacos With Chipotle Cream: Pile marinated fish, cabbage, corn and chipotle-spiked yogurt sauce into corn tortillas for an instant fiesta.
8. Herbed Quinoa: Giada DeLaurentiis dresses this quick-cooking, protein-packed grain with a simple herb-and-lemon vinaigrette for a super simple, pairs-with-anything side dish.
7. Three-Cheese Macaroni: This comfort food classic is made with muenster, cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, plus steamed cauliflower for an extra serving of veggies.
6. Chicken Saltimbocca (above): Giada's stuffed chicken sounds decadent, but the calories in this classic Italian chicken dish are kept low by using small amounts of boldly-flavored ingredients like prosciutto and Parmesan cheese.
5. Breakfast Burrito: Start your day with a veggie-packed, hand-held breakfast: whole-wheat tortillas stuffed with scrambled eggs, peppers and onions, beans and cheese.
4. Chicken Parmesan: Baking chicken cutlets instead of frying them helps keep the calories down in this Italian favorite -- and it still gets covered in sauce and mozzarella cheese like the original.
3. Chicken Piccata: A normally decadent wine and butter-based meal gets a healthy makeover.
2. Crispy Baked 'Fried' Chicken: The secret to an extra-crispy coating on un-fried chicken: coat the chicken pieces in buttermilk and crushed cornflakes before baking.
1 . Salmon Baked in Foil: The #1 healthy recipe of 2012 also happens to be the easiest -- baking salmon in foil with herbs and tomatoes ensures that it will come out moist and flavorful, and with zero mess to clean up after cooking.