How to Eat a Lobster
Learn how to properly eat a lobster.
- Cooked lobster
- Chef knife
For the claw:
- Hold the tip of the claw.
- Using the back end of a knife, give the claw a few little taps to crack it, and then give it a strong tap so that your knife is in the shell but not all the way through.
- Once the knife is lodged in the claw, turn it so the shell breaks in half.
- The shell can then be pulled right off and the claw meat can be eaten.
For the knuckle:
- Break off the bigger part of the knuckle.
- Using your pinky finger, push the meat out of the bigger part of the knuckle.
For the tail:
- Cut down the middle of the underside of the shell using scissors.
- Use both hands and push the shell towards the cut made along the bottom, so the back shell cracks.
- Pull the tail out of the broken shell.
- Pull the fins off at the end of the tail and suck the meat out.
- The same can be done for the legs of the lobster.
A guide to buying and preparing lobster.
Share your healthy eating habits.
Learn How to Make a Candle You Can Eat
Easy ways to incorporate nutrient-rich whole grains into your everyday meals.
Beat cold and flu season with these five immune-boosting foods. More healthy tips like these at Food Network.
These healthy potato recipes are perfect for St. Paddy's Day — and every other day, too.
Follow these step-by-step instructions on how to eat an artichoke
Try to eat various colored food throughout the day. Each color contains different nutrients which are important to maintain a healthy diet. We told you all about the importance of eating orange-colored foods. February is Valentine’s Day and Heart Health month, so red seemed like the perfect color to cover.
Throughout the day you should have a rainbow of colors --- red, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple and white. Each color is rich in specific nutrients that help make a well-balanced diet. In this series we’ll tell you why each color is important and with Halloween around the corner, we thought it was most appropriate to start with orange.
Yes, there's actually a right way to eat a chicken wing and I promise it will make your whole perspective on eating a wing a whole lot easier.