Speedy Sangria has Been Actualized, Friends!
Learn how to make a quick sangria
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- Half bottle of dry red wine (about 2 cups)
- 1 apple, cut into little pieces (small enough to fit into the opening of a wine bottle)
- Rubber wine stopper
- Wine saver
- Glasses with ice
- Ginger ale
- Using a funnel, add the sugar, lemon and orange juices to the wine in the wine bottle.
- Add the small pieces of apple.
- Put the rubber stopper in the bottle.
- Put the wine saver on top of the stopper and pump for at least 1 minute to pressurize the bottle.
- When the pumping is done, take the bottle and lay it on its side for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the saver and pour all of the contents of the bottle into a bowl, shaking to get the little apple pieces out of the bottle.
- Ladle the sangria from the bowl into the glasses with ice and add a splash of ginger ale and cognac to each glass.
- Garnish with the little pieces of apple that were in the wine bottle.
Try a new take on sangria this summer: sparkling red wine poured over fruit sorbet.
Create a custom batch with this easy formula.
Sangria, a mixture of wine, fruit, sweetener and sometimes liquor, is capable of bringing such happiness that science should consider classifying it as an antidepressant. Here are some guidelines to make sangria as uplifting as it can be.
It's bright, it's refreshing and it's a crowd pleaser on a hot day.
Whether you've just finished a big dinner with friends or you’re spending a Friday evening in alone, these coffee cocktails are sure to put a smile on your face.
Easy prosecco cocktail recipes.
If there's one day you deserve a cocktail this year, it's April 17. Mail off your taxes, then unwind with a themed drink.
With the Oscars just hours away, it’s time to get serious — serious about planning a little soiree with your movie-loving friends who also love to get dressed to the nines.
Margaritas or sangria — which will you be sipping?
Pour your friends and fam boozy seasonal cocktails, from eggnog martinis to steamy hot toddy swigs, that'll warm your clan up in a jiff.