1. CUT ends off cucumbers. Cut into ½ inch slices.
2. COMBINE vinegar, sugar, and Ball® Bread & Butter Pickle Mix in a medium saucepan. Heat to a boil.
3. PACK based on ENJOY NOW or FRESH PRESERVE steps below.
ENJOY NOW (Refrigerate up to 3 months):
1. POUR hot pickling liquid over cucumber slices in a large bowl. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
2. PACK cucumber slices into jars. Ladle pickling liquid over cucumbers. Place lids & bands on jars.
3. REFRIGERATE pickles. For best flavor, allow pickles to stand in refrigerator for 3 weeks.
FRESH PRESERVE (Store up to 1 year):
1. PREPARE canner, jars, and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
2. PACK slices into hot jars. Ladle hot pickling liquid over slices leaving ½ inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
3. PROCESS in boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude*. For best flavor, allow pickles to stand for 4-6 weeks.
*Increase processing time: 5 minutes for 1,001 to 3, 000 ft; 10 minutes for 3,001 to 6,000 ft; 15 minutes for 6,001 to 8,000 ft; 20 minutes for 8,001 to 10,000 ft.