1. Snap one or both ends of the beans, leaving a whole bean (may cut in half in the middle of the bean).
2. In a large deep skillet add water and bring to a boil.
3. Add beans and quickly simmer (tossing beans frequently) for approximately 3-5 minutes.
4. Drain beans; remove water.
5. In the same skillet melt butter and add the green beans back in.
6. Cover the skillet and reduce heat to a simmer (turning beans occasionally).
7. Cook on a low heat for approximately 6-7 minutes. Drain off excess butter.
8. Add slivered almonds and toss beans. Lightly salt and serve.
Check Out Our
Get a sneak-peek of the new Food Network recipe page and give us your feedback.See it Now!