1. In a large sheet pan, spread the asparagus out and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of the olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Next, place the almonds on the pan, add 1 teaspoon of oil to coat then roast in at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil until very hot.
4. Add the chicken and begin to brown. Add the onion and garlic and saute until tender - about 7-8 minutes.
5. Add the lime juice and carefully add the rum and lime zest. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer slowly until cooked.
6. Toss in half of the almonds and place the hot rice on a warm platter.
7. Top the rice with the chicken, arrange the roasted asparagus, drizzle the juices on top and garnish with the remaining almonds and mint.
Check Out Our
Get a sneak-peek of the new Food Network recipe page and give us your feedback.See it Now!