1. HEAT oven to 375 degrees F. Cream together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well
2. STIR together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms.
3. SHAPE into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
5. TOP each cookie immediately with a chocolate piece, pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cool.