1. In large mixing bowl combine 2 cups flour and yeast. In saucepan, heat and stir milk, 3 tablespoons butter, granulated sugar and salt just until warm (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F); add to flour mixture along with egg.
2. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds scraping bowl. Increase speed to medium high; mix until dough is soft and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. If dough is too wet, add a little flour up to 1/4 cup. Beat on high speed 3 minutes.
3. Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface. Knead to make a soft dough that is smooth and elastic; 2 to 3 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes before rolling.
4. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well.
5. Roll out dough to 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons softened butter and sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Loosely roll dough starting from long side into long tube. Cut tube crosswise into 9 rolls.
6. For topping, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and water in small bowl; mix to combine. Spread mixture in lightly greased 8 or 9-inch round baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
7. Place rolls cut-side down in prepared pan 1-inch apart. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; set aside until almost doubled in size; about 1 hour.
8. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake 20 to 22 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 1 minute. Loosen and turn out onto serving plate. Cool slightly; serve warm.