How to Make Chocolate "Salami"
Your first instinct will be to cut a slice of this "salami" and sandwich it between two crackers with a hunk of provolone cheese. But our rich dark-chocolate log studded with walnuts and pistachios is much better suited as a spread for cookies with your after-dinner coffee or tea. Pulling off this level of dessert trickery may seem tough, but the recipe requires just 10 minutes of prep work — and it feeds up to 12 guests. It's basically a host's dream.
By Rupa Bhattacharya and Amanda Neal for Food Network Kitchen
Get the Recipe: Chocolate Salami
• 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate, roughly chopped
• 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons coffee
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 2 cups biscotti cookies, roughly chopped
• 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
• 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
• 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar