1. On a cutting board, cut each raw sausage patty in half and re-form into 16 mini patties.
2. In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, cook sausage patties for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through and browned, turning often.
3. Remove to a plate and keep warm. In a bowl, combine tomato, pineapple, strawberries, basil, mint and syrup; set aside.
4. Place oven rack in the top third section of oven; set to broil.
5. On a baking sheet, place 16 slices of bread, brush lightly on one side with olive oil and place oiled side down.
6. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
7. Using tongs, flip bread slices.
8. Place 1 piece of mozzarella on each bread slice. Return to oven; broil for 1 minute longer. Transfer to a serving plate.
9. Top each with a cooked sausage patty.
10. Spoon 1 tablespoon of fruit mixture onto each patty and serve.