1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine the ground cookies and 1/2 cup of the pecans and melted butter. Using a spoon, mix well.
3. Press the mixture into an 8" square pan sprayed lightly with vegetable spray, then press the cookie mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan.
4. Fill a pot with 1-2 cups of water and bring to a simmer. Place white chocolate chips in a double boiler or a microwave safe bowl (the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl). Stir the chocolate constantly while the chocolate melts and remove from stove once completely melted.
5. Using a whisk beat in the cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and 2/3 cup granulated sugar, mixing well until very smooth.
6. Pour mixture over the cookie crust, tap the pan gently to smooth out and bake for 25-30 minutes until firm. Cool for 15 minutes.
7. Heat the preserves gently in a bowl over hot water just until melted. Spoon over the slightly cooled cheesecake. Cool completely and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
8. In a saucepan, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and add the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans. Stir over medium heat until pecans are lightly coated. Let cook a few minutes, cut into bars and sprinkle with the candied pecans and serve.