We've prepared a list of answers to your most frequently asked questions to help you navigate FoodNetwork.com and learn more about our television programming and website!
To fully appreciate and enjoy all of features available on the Food Network website, we have optimized our site for modern, web standards based browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer 9 and higher. While the website also works with other browsers, users may not enjoy the most enhanced experience and certain applications will not function as intended.
We also support video for both HTML5 and Adobe Flash Player 9 and higher. If you do not currently have Flash downloaded on your computer, you may download it for free at the Adobe website.
Click on the links below to go directly to your area of interest:
FOOD NETWORK MAGAZINE
The Food Network is very fortunate to have Hearst Communications as our partner for publishing and distributing the Food Network Magazine.
While we at Food Network do not have access to subscription or billing information, the Customer Service Department at Hearst Communications will be very happy to assist with any questions you may have. You can reach them toll-free at 1-866-587-4653 for help with your subscription status, payments, billing, cancellation, address change, back issues, missing issues, gift subscriptions or just general questions.
You can also manage your account online from their customer service page:
Food Network Magazine Customer Service page:
Learn more about our Food Network Magazine or order a subscription to the FOOD NETWORK MAGAZINE.
MY RECIPE BOX
To begin, you must first sign up and REGISTER for a My Recipe Box account. Once registered, you can save recipes, rate recipes as well as submit recipe reviews. The Sign Up link is located in the upper right corner of all FoodNetwork.com pages. (If you already have an account, just log in and start adding recipes to your Recipe Box.)
Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email. You will need to follow the directions in the email in order to verify your account. (If you don't receive the email, you will need to check your Spam/Junk folder or try to log in and wait for the prompt to request a resend of the email.
Once logged in, you can access your Recipe Box by selecting it in the upper right-hand corner, and selecting "Recipes" or "Shopping List" from the drop-down menu.
After you have registered and/or signed in, you may save recipes to your Recipe Box by clicking the Save icon next to the recipe (that looks like a ribbon). The recipe will appear in your "All" folder within your Recipe Box. You then can use your Recipe Box to create folders, organize recipes, add personal recipes and share saved recipes with friends. At this time, when you save a recipe, you will not be prompted to select a specific folder. After saving the recipe, you may then add it to a folder by viewing your Recipe Box, hovering over that recipe and clicking on the folder icon.
General Tips on Using the Recipe Box:
- To change email or password, sign in to your account, then select Account Settings from the dropdown list next to your profile name. In the left column of the My Settings page, select My Account to change your email address. To change any of your other information, such as Profile, Picture, Password or Notifications, click on the respective links and follow the steps to update your information.
- Removing recipes from the main folder of All will permanently delete the recipe from your recipe box, including all subfolders.
- Removing recipes from subfolders does not permanently delete the recipe from your recipe box; it only removes it from the subfolder.
- Some recipes are classified as 'restricted' and are only available online for a limited amount of time due to contractual reasons. Recipes with this status are indicated on the recipe. Restricted recipes will automatically expire from the Recipe Box without notice. For these limited-time-only recipes, we recommend that you print the recipe for future use, since it may not be available the next time you return.
- There are three dynamically-created folders that are accessible (folders that you did not create). These are "My Personal Recipes" (recipes you created), "My Notes" (recipes that you have added personal notes to) and "In Shopping List" (recipes that are currently a part of your shopping list. You are not manually able to add or remove recipes from these folders; they are added and removed based on the aforementioned criteria.
- You may switch back and forth from the grid and list view by selecting the appropriate icons.
How to Sort Within the Recipe Box
Once logged in to your Recipe Box, you may select a specific folder in the Folder Drop-Down section, or you may leave it on the default of “All”.
Once the folder subset is selected, you may then click the arrow next to “SORT BY: Date Added” to adjust what you’re sorting by (Date Added, Favorites, A-Z, Cook Time).
How to Search Within the Recipe Box
There is a search box in the top right corner of the recipe box where you can type the name of an ingredient and click the magnifying glass icon to search.
Results will display any recipe that has the search term in the title highlighted in grey text, as well as an orange layover text if the search term is in the ingredients. For example, searching for "apple" will show you all recipes that contain "apple" as an ingredient, with specifics on each recipe.
If you are unable to find a specific ingredient, make sure that you've not misspelled it or pluralized it. For example, searching for "apples" (with an S) may return "no results". To remove the search text, simply click the red X next to the ingredient at the top left of your recipe box.
Iconography in Recipe Box
When hovering over a recipe in your box, the following icons will appear. You may click to select them to complete various actions.
Printing Recipes in Internet Explorer
If you are unable to see the Print or Save icons and you are using the Internet Explorer browser, you may need to reset your browser.
To do so, open up Internet Explorer (please note that versions 9 and above are currently supported), and select the Tools icon in the upper right corner that looks like a gear.
Then, select Internet Options.
When the pop-up box shows, select "Advanced" and click "Reset" (this will be under Reset Internet Explorer Settings, not Restore Advanced Settings).
Finally, restart your computer and check to see if you can access your print and save icons. If you're still having issues, please Contact Us.
To search for recipes in general, type your keyword into the search box at the top of any page and click the "Search" button. You can search for an ingredient (chicken, beef, pasta, etc.), a type of dish (casserole, meatloaf, cookie, etc.) or a Food Network talent (Rachael Ray, Guy Fieri, Alton Brown, etc.). Be as general or specific as you like. You will receive a full list of recipes, episodes, articles, videos, etc., associated with that keyword.
On the search results page, to narrow your results, click "Recipes" at the top of the page (next to "All", hightlighted in green). Then, directly under "Recipes," a line will appear with options to refine your results, such as "chef" or "ingredient".
When viewing a recipe, you can access the action icons on the left-hand rail.
If you are on Firefox or Chrome and zoomed in, or on an iPad, you may see the icons below the recipe.
Iconography in Recipes
When hovering over a recipe when searching the site, the following icons will appear. You may click to select them to complete various actions.
LOCATE A RECIPE SEEN ON AIR
There are several ways to locate a recipe seen on air. Here are the three most popular ways to navigate our site.
- Using the PROGRAM GUIDE, you can choose the date or time of day to navigate to a show and the available recipes from recently aired programs.
- You can also visit our SHOWS page to locate the show from which the recipe came. Hover over the "Shows" tab, select "Shows A-Z", choose the show of interest to launch the show page for the series. You can then locate recently aired or upcoming episodes and recipes featured on the program near the lower section of the page.
Information for shows that air on Food Network Canada is not available on this website, but can be found on the Food Network Canada website.
A "limited time" recipe is, for legal reasons, only available shortly before and for two weeks following the airing of an episode in which the recipe appeared. Many recipes in the database – from shows and other sources – are available on the site at all times. They will be there when you return the following week or month. But if a recipe you like is marked "limited time," please print out the recipe for future use, since it may not be available the next time you return.
RECIPE ARTICLES VERSUS RECIPES
There are two types of recipes on our site: Articles and actual recipes. Articles have been written by our editorial team and are not able to be saved to the recipe box, but they can be emailed and shared socially. Often, photo galleries contain these types of recipes. You can access the action icons on the left-hand rail.
If you are on Firefox or Chrome and zoomed in, or on an iPad, you may see the icons above the article.
Additionally, the actual recipe is often available below the article. Click “Get the Recipe” for more information.
PARTICIPATE IN A FOOD NETWORK SHOW
The Food Network continually works with numerous production companies when we are searching for audience input for future episodes. To view those production companies currently seeking location suggestions for a show, audience input and/or participation, a message will be listed on both the TV Show Page for that series (for those series that are returning) as well as the Get Cast: How to Be on Food Network page.
This page is updated frequently and is entirely based upon when production companies go back into the studios for taping. If the show you are interested in is not listed, it simply means the show is not seeking participants at this time. But do check back to the TV Show Pages or the Be On Food Network page from time to time for the latest updates.
We also currently do not have tickets for show tapings available to the general public. The Food Network is located at Chelsea Market in New York City. Although we don't offer studio tours, you might find this one-stop, NYC culinary food shop, gourmet lover's wholesale-retail wonder world of interest. For additional information on scheduled events, food, groceries and gifts, check the market's website at Chelsea Market.
CONTACTING FOOD NETWORK TALENT
Unfortunately, the schedules for our Food Network talent do not permit them to personally respond to individual questions, and to respect their privacy, we do not share their personal contact information and correspondence is not forwarded. You may consider using your favorite search engine to determine if the talent has their own personal website to which you can write or send an email directly to them.
EMPLOYMENT AND INTERNSHIPS
To view current job and internship opportunities within the Scripps Networks Interactive family, which includes HGTV, Food Network, DIY Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country, please click here to access the Careers link on the Scripps Networks Interactive website.
MOBILE APPS – General Tips for Food Network Apps
- Audio - If you aren’t able to hear the videos, chances are that this is the Soft Mute feature. Beginning with iOS 4, Apple changed the little button next to the volume to be a mute button like it is on the iPhone. The orientation lock is now handled in software (double-click the home button and then swipe left). Try sliding the button up or slide toward you (located above the volume controls). If this doesn't resolve your issue, go to "general settings" and confirm that the side switch is set from rotation to mute.
- Audio With No Video - With the newer version of the apps, we are using adaptive bitrate streaming to optimize the video experience for the user, so utilizing WiFi will ensure you are able to watch the video to the fullest extent. Try enabling that feature while connected to a network to resolve your issue.
- Access to Video Outside US - Currently, the Food Network website and the apps only offer video content to site visitors and app users in the U.S. and its territories due to content licensing restrictions.
- Low Memory Message - Often times, users experience a “low memory” error because of other applications running in the background. In these instances, applications have not been completely shut down, and because this app requires large amounts of memory to run, other applications need to be completely closed. On the iPhone or iPad, this can be done by double-clicking on the home button when logged into the application. A tab of applications along the bottom will appear and allow you to swipe left and/or right to show which applications are currently running and using memory. Touch and hold any application icon until the icons start to wiggle. Tap the "x" in the corner of the application you want to close. For more information visit Apple Support. On Android devices, try going into the "Managing Apps" category and clearing your cache, then restarting your device.
- App Quits Unexpectedly or Won’t Launch - Try a hard restart on your device. On the iPhone or iPad, hold down the top Lock Button and the Home button until you see the Apple logo. This will take a few seconds. In the meantime, ignore the "slide to power off" prompt – just keep holding those buttons down until you see the Apple logo. Once the device has restarted, try launching the app again (make certain you are connected to WiFi or 3G) to see if you still receive the error message. If the restart doesn't work, try to reinstall the app. Make certain that you are connected to WiFi, LTE, or 3G as the app will not work otherwise. Touch and hold any application icon on the Home screen until the icons start to wiggle. Tap the "x" in the corner of the application you want to remove. You may be prompted to rate the application. Tap Delete to remove the application and all of its data from your device. Press the Home button to cancel or stop deleting apps. Open the App Store on your device and locate the application to reinstall. Tap the price and then "Buy." If prompted, enter your iTunes Store account information. If you previously bought the application, you are prompted to download it again for free. Tap “OK” and the app will download and install the application. After the application is installed, your issue should be resolved.
Food Network IN THE KITCHEN (ITK) App:
- Recipes cannot be removed from My Recipe Box nor can new folders be added through the app. However, you can easily make additions and revisions to the Recipe Box from the Food Network website.
- ITK is currently only available for iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, and some Android handsets and devices. We hope to be able to make an announcement shortly regarding availability on other tablets and devices.
Food Network ON THE ROAD (OTR) App:
- Location listings within the app are updated the last time the location was verified. Verifying hundreds of locations that have been featured over the years takes time and unfortunately, not everything is caught. If we are not informed by the restaurant themselves, it definitely can take time for an update to appear. Please use the Contact Us feature to submit an update or inaccuracy.
- Roadtrips and Favorites do sync between devices via iCloud. If you’re having trouble with this feature, it could be that iCloud has not been set up on one of the devices, or the devices are logged into different iCloud accounts.
- If you are on an Android device and receive a “package error” when trying to download the app, navigate to Settings and then select Applications. Open all applications/manage applications and then move onto Google Play Store. Clear Data and clear Cache and see if this resolves your issue. If not, you may need to uninstall Play Store updates, log out and log back into your Google Play account.
- OTR is currently available for iPhone, iPad, and Android handsets. We hope to be able to make an announcement shortly regarding availability on other tablets and devices.
WATCH FOOD NETWORK (TV Everywhere) App:
- We currently partner with the following Cable/Satellite Providers: Comcast Xfinity, Brighthouse Networks, AT&T Uverse, Cablevision's Optimum, DirecTV, and Time Warner. To access the content, log in to the app with your credentials for the above providers. (Please note that you do have to subscribe to the television portion, not just the phone or Internet). If you don't have the Food Network in your current lineup or don't subscribe to cable services, don't worry, you can click the "My provider is not listed" option on the Login screen and we will display only video content that does not require login. Without logging in, you'll still have access to a good amount of video content including an average of 25 hours of full episodes at one time!
- To locate videos within the app, select SHOWS and select the show you are interested in (based on those that are available). Once the show appears, you will see a box above the videos that will show Season. Click into this box and select ALL. The unlocked videos are usually the last few within the list.
- Updates to CUPCAKES are made after on-air episode seasons have completed. For instance, our most recent version of the app was implemented after the Cupcake Champions season finale was completed. As new seasons begin and end, future updates will be released. Stay tuned!
- Printing is not available with the current version of the CUPCAKES app. We are aware of the desire for printing capabilities and are considering that feature for the future. Of course, with an iPad, a user can always take a screenshot and email that image to a printer.
- If you are having difficulty with video playback, or videos stop playing in mid-stream, please double-check your wireless connection since these videos stream online and are not embedded in the app (to save space on your device).
- Orientation of the CUPCAKE app does not rotate to Portrait mode. The app was designed only for landscape orientation and will not rotate to portrait mode.
- CUPCAKES app requires a lot of local memory power from the device. Problems such as the app freezing or links not working may occur when the battery power is running low. Usually, if you swipe off of the screen that you are on, then navigate back to it, performance should improve. Otherwise, try closing the app and re-opening it. That frequently solves most performance problems. Also, using the app when the battery power is high also improves performance.
FOOD NETWORK NEWSLETTERS
To subscribe to one of our newsletters, change your email address or unsubscribe from one of our newsletters, visit our FOOD NETWORK NEWSLETTERS page. We have also made it convenient for you to subscribe to our family of networks newsletters and hope to see you as a subscriber in the near future.
Food Network appreciates your interest in suggesting ideas, but we only accept series and specials proposals only from television production companies with national or major market production credentials. If you are a production company, please send us your credentials and a history of your production experience only. After reviewing them, Food Network will determine whether or not to send you a release form with a request for further information. DO NOT send any pitch ideas or proposals as they will be returned unread. Please send your company's credentials to:
75 Ninth Avenue
NY NY 10011
Attention: Submissions New Show Proposals
QUESTION REGARDING A PROGRAM RECENTLY WATCHED ON AIR
All programs seen on air are represented on our website. Navigating to the show page for the program seen on air will lead you to all information made available to us about an episode. The quickest way to navigate to a show page is by using the program guide which is accessible from the homepage by selecting Recipes on TV tab. Then choose the date watched from the calendar to view a comprehensive list of shows that aired on that date, as well as accessibility to the recipes and resources made available to us for each episode.
MERCHANDISE, COOKBOOKS, DVDs
Visit the Food Network Store to purchase kitchenware, cookbooks, and DVDs from many of our popular shows. Food Network-branded kitchenware is exclusively available at Kohl's stores and Kohls.com
TIPS FOR VIEWING ONLINE VIDEOS
Our website is optimized for the modern web standards based browsers such as current versions of Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer 9 and higher. While the website also works with some other browsers, users may not enjoy the most enhanced experience.
We support video for Adobe Flash Player 9 and higher. If you do not currently have Flash downloaded on your computer, you may download it for free at the Adobe website.
Video is also supported using HTML5 on handsets and tablets without Adobe Flash Player.
QUESTION NOT ADDRESSED ON THIS HELP PAGE
To send a question about our TV programs, their recipes, or our website, please visit our Contact Us and submit your inquiry using the available webform. Please be as specific as possible when completing the form to assist us with answering your question.