Caprese Salad with Roasted Mango Dressing
- 1 green (unripe) mango
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, plus extra picked leaves for garnish
- 2 quarter-size coins peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 Fresno chile (or 1 jalapeno pepper), seeded if desired, and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon amber agave nectar or honey
- 4 assorted heirloom or vine-ripened red tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (or 1 package mozzarella medallions)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Wrap the mango in aluminum foil, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast it for 1 hour, rotating halfway through. The mango should be soft. Remove the foil and let it cool.
When the mango is cool enough to handle with your hands, slice off the cheeks and scoop the flesh into a small food processor or blender. Repeat with the remaining mango, scooping as much flesh off as possible. Add the minced cilantro, ginger, chile, cumin, vinegar, olive oil and agave nectar. Blend until smooth and add a little water if the dressing is too thick.
Arrange the tomatoes and mozzarella on a platter and season them with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of the mango dressing and a little extra olive oil. Top with some torn fresh cilantro and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.