- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 10 pieces (the 2 breasts split into 2 even pieces; 2 wings; 2 drumsticks; and 2 thighs)
- 1 cup toasted bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Kosher salt
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
In a bowl large enough to hold all of the chicken, whisk together the soy sauce, Marsala, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, and canola oil. Remove the skin from the breast and thigh pieces and submerge the chicken in the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs and butter. Mix to blend. Season with salt. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade, allowing any excess liquid to drip off the chicken pieces, and roll them in the breadcrumbs. Take care to bread all sides of each piece. Arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the center of the oven. Bake until the pieces are cooked through (internal temperature of 155 to 160 F) and the chicken and bread crumbs are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.