- 1 pound pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing and drizzling
- 6 ounces ramps or scallions, trimmed
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Coarse sea salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Grated parmesan cheese, for topping
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Divide the dough into 4 pieces on a floured surface. Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Stretch the dough into four 6-inch rounds; place on the baking sheet and bake until golden, about 12 minutes.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Toss the ramps or scallions with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with kosher salt. Saute until just wilted, about 1 minute. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into pieces.
Mix the ricotta, lemon zest, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and some sea salt and pepper in a bowl. Brush the crusts with olive oil (this will protect them from getting soggy), then spread with the ricotta mixture and season with sea salt. Top with the ramps or scallions. Return to the oven until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
Top the pizzas with basil, parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
Photograph by Con Poulos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.