Sweet Corn Bread Pudding
- 1/2 onion, diced fine
- 1 -ounce unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 (15-ounce) can creamed style sweet corn
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal, whole grain, stone ground
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups French bread, cubed
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Sweat onions with butter and herbs in an oven safe skillet until translucent.
Combine corn, cream, eggs, baking powder, cornmeal, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add cubed bread and fold to combine. Pour batter into skillet, right on top of the onion mixture. Bake 50 minutes, or until set. Cool slightly before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.